Effective date: July 15, 2022
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand, and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:You directly or indirectly, alone or with any other party, may not:
- Create and manage user profiles
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Process orders
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- To facilitate the connection of third party services or applications, such as Slack, Google Calendar, or Zoom. We use your calendar data to discover upcoming meetings. This allows us to display those meetings to you in Clipp for call recording and note-taking. This data is read-only. We will not modify your meetings or any other Slack or Google-hosted data
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfill user requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
- Notify you of new product updates
- Conduct user surveys to improve the product experience
- Address and debug individualized product issues
What Information does Company Collect?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information You Provide to Us:We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Profile picture
- Role on your team
- Locational information, including city, state, and country.
- User content, drafts, and content attachments which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content.
- Billing information including billing email, address, zip code, and invoices.
- Notification and site preferences
- Survey responses
- Information from third party services (e.g. email contact lists, your Slack profile, or Google Calendar events)
Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
We may communicate with you if you've provided us the means to do so. For example, if you've given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of Clipp. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more useful and improve Clipp. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing email@example.com.
Information Collected Automatically
Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history (e.g. the page you visited prior to visiting our Services, also known as a "Referring Website")
- Usage information
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
- Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
- Google Analytics information: IP address, Google Client ID, page visits
- Operating system
- Device type
We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve Clipp - for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of Clipp, and we can use that knowledge to make Clipp interesting to as many users as possible.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
When you link our Services to a third party service, such as Slack, Google, or Zoom, we will receive information about you, including your name, email address, calendar and meeting information (such as meeting title, date, time, location, Zoom URL and attendees), profile information, and photo.
Use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Will Company Share Any of the Personal Data it Receives?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Data, including data provided to us by a third party service, such as Slack, Google, or Zoom, in personally identifiable form to anyone. We may share your Personal Data with third parties as described in this section:
Provision of Products and Services. We may share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or to provide you with a product or service you have requested, including without limitation:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
- Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
- Other parties authorized by you
Information that's been de-identified. We may de-identify your Personal Data so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use Clipp, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. For example, we use Google Analytics to analyze Clipp. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a partner (or allow a partner to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual.
Affiliated Businesses: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we're affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with Clipp (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Data with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business' or websites' policies.
Our Agents and Service Providers: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. These parties include:
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention and error reporting/debugging service providers
- Analytics service providers
- Hosting service providers
- Co-location service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
- Survey service providers
User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to Clipp, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within Clipp or address your request for Clipp. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see the Personal Data in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Data or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through Clipp and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Data could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Consent: We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
Is Personal Data about me secure?
You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Data by protecting access to the email account through which you access Clipp and appropriately limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished using Clipp.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may request deletion of your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Data after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
How is my data retained?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or otherwise necessary to provide you with Clipp. In some cases, we retain Personal Data longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or is otherwise required by law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not be personally identifiable. Upon closing your account, Clipp will within 30 days or in compliance with local rule, remove and delete your Personal Data from our platform.
What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com, and we will try to resolve your concerns.